I was surprised about a week ago to discover a tweet from lozandthesrpog of a Liebster award nomination over on Twitter. For anyone who hasn’t heard of it before, and being relatively new to the blogging scene i had never heard of it. So off i went to Google to investigate a bit further. Basically a Liebster award is a blogger to blogger award to recognise and support other blogs and also recognise newer bloggers . I then discovered (almost missed it actually) i had received another nomination from Little Petal Blog over on Twitter aswell, to which i am extremely flattered. I would like to thank both of these ladies so much for considering my little blog to be worth a mention. This morning i discovered i had also been nominated by Fancy Paper Blog and the adventures of Beta Mummy also, which i am so shocked and extremely grateful. So thanks a million to all the people mentioned above. I am still a bit shocked.
So, i have answered all sets of questions and just left out any of the ones that were duplicates – if that makes sense?
- What Inspired you to start your blog? I had always wanted to start a blog but i kept putting it off, i mainly started it so i would have something just for myself outside of being a mother or a wife. Somewhere i could share my thoughts and as i’m on my own with the kids a lot, it’s nice to have somewhere to vent what is on my mind.
- What Blogging Goal are you currently striving for? I want to be able to connect with more people be it through the blog or twitter or facebook. I find a lot of the other mammy and daddy bloggers very encouraging and always there to offer advice.
- What activities do you enjoy doing outside of blogging? I love going out to visit new places with the kids. It makes them happy which in turn makes me happy.
- What tactics do you employ on those days that blogging is hard or frustrating? If I find that I’m getting nowhere with the blog on a particular day I just close down the laptop and walk away from it. I take the kids to the park or just go out for a walk with them. If it doesn’t do anything else for me at least I’m out getting some fresh air into my lungs.
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? I’m an introvert, i do like my own company, but also i am quite shy and reserved. I’m not really into big social gatherings, it’s just not my thing. So i would definately say i’m an introvert.
- What are your three favorite blogs to follow? I love My little Babog who is a mammy blogger to 3 adorable kids and is currently expecting her fourth little bundle, a little girl. I also love theclothesline.ie, her blog is a bag of humour and never fails to make me giggle and also mindthebaby.ie another fellow mammy blogger. All three of these bloggers are also Irish bloggers so it’s great to connect with more Irish mammies on the blogging scene.
- What advice would you give to a new blogger? Well, I’m a new blogger myself and at times it can feel like what’s the point in blogging because I’m only getting a small amount of people reading my work, but my advice would be to stick at it. You’ll never get anywhere if you just give up on it.
- Are you a full time blogger or do you also hold down a day job? Well I do have 5 children and I do consider that to be my day/night job. I get paid with hugs and kisses after all!
- What is your favorite post on your blog so far? My favourite post that I’ve written is It was such a difficult time (still is really) but those words reflect how I was feeling at that time and it’s going to be nice to look back on them in a few years.
- What social media platforms do you use and which one is most effective for you? I use Twitter and Facebook but I do find Twitter better for interactions with other bloggers. I really need to start up an Instagram and Pinterest but i’m still finding my way around Twitter and trying to build up my Facebook following. They are next on my to do list. As for snap chat I just don’t get it! I’ll put it down to the fact that I’m just too old (I’m 29) and say it’s for youngsters i’m going to keep my distance for the time being from that one!
And now Littlepetalblog’s Questions
- What’s your favorite tv series? One born every minute. I love that show, much to the dismay of my husband. I suppose it’s because I have been both pregnant and raising babies for the last 12 years that I find it so interesting. Don’t think I would have the guts to be filmed like that myself though! It does make me super broody though!
- What’s your favorite restaurant? Supermacs, with 5 kids it’s the easy option when we eat out and i love their food. It’s yum.
- What’s your biggest fear? Sharks! I have an irrational fear of them and to be fair we don’t have any in Ireland. But even when I was a kid I used to think one was going to come up through the toilet and eat me! I’m not a fan of anything that lives in the water actually (except Dolphins, I love them) something about sea creatures that just gives me the heebie geebies!
- Who are you the biggest fan of? I am the biggest fan of the radford family, the U.K. Largest family, Sue is currently pregnant with her nineteenth baby. I find them fascinating to watch and I think she handles her extra large family extremely well.
- If you live anywhere, where would it be? Anywhere in Ireland maybe somewhere quiet in the countryside.
- Bath’s or Shower’s? Baths wins hands down, I love a long hot soak in the bath. Even better if the kids aren’t banging the door down like zombies trying to get in.
- Are you a morning person or an evening person? I’m an evening person, a complete and utter grump in the morning, something my husband takes great pride in telling me ‘you’re not a morning person’. But ya It takes me ages to get my Arse in gear in the mornings and I hate feeling tired and hungry.
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up? As someone who has given birth to 5 children naturally the first thing I need to do in the morning is pee, gotta get in there before everyone else!
- Righty or Lefty? Righty.
Adventures of Beta Mummy’s Questions
- Name your favourite band/artist? I love One Direction and i don’t care who knows it or slags me for it. At least i did before they split up. Sob!
- On a scone, do you add jam first, or cream? Neither, i’m a lashings of butter kind f girl. Don’t really like cream and im not a lover of jam either.
- If money (and practicality) was no object, which car would you drive? Probably, a minivan of some sort, to ferry about the 5 kids and all the bags and baggage they need for school. I drive a 7 seater and i still get stuck for space.
- What’s your favourite place in the UK? Well, i live in Ireland and i’ve only been to the UK once when i was very young, and that was to Buckinghamshire, so we’ll go with there. As from what i can remember it was a lovely place.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? Too many. I had this argument from my husband loads of times. Probably about 30 pairs. Yes i suppose he is right,they’re taking over the house!
- What are you wearing right now? Well, up until about a half an hour ago i was still in my pyjamas, now im sporting a lovely pair of trackie bottoms, a hoodie and my slippers. Go me, no judgement please!
- What was your first ever job? My first job was in a dog grooming parlour and i loved it. The only thing is you must develop a love for the taste of dog hair.
- If you were an animal, what would you be? I would be a bird of some sort, i know a lot of people that i wouldn’t think twice about shitting on down below!
- What is your best character trait? I like to think i’m as honest as the day is long, and if i can help out a person i will.
- And what is your worst? I can be quite lazy. It does take me a while to get my arse in gear, call it procrastination more than laziness actually, because it has to get done evetnually.
Fancy paper blogs Questions
- What fictional character do you most relate to? Probably the old woman who lived in the shoe. Haha remember her, she had so many children, she didn’t know what to do!
- What should you have forgiven yourself for by now? That i didn’t finish secondary school. But in all honesty there were reasons that made it impossible for me to finish. If i had known then what i know now, i would do things differently, but i’m trying to make peace with it.
- What toy from your childhood had the most effect on you? My baby dolly. Now look at me i have 5 baby dollies of my very own!
- What lightens your heart the most? A smile or cuddle from any one of my kids. Might be cheesy but it’s the truth.
- What mundane activity makes you the most cheerful when performing it? Sad, but hanging out the washing on the line. Just clears my head and allows me to think by myself for 5 minutes.
- Would you live another life if you were allowed swap? (Sneaky extra: who’s life??) Nope, definitley not. You learn as you go on to be happy with what you’ve got and the grass isn’t always greener on the other side after all.
- What was the funniest misinterpretation that you made as a child? Ok, serious laugh at my expense here, but i always believed as a kid that there was a man on the moon and that he lived on the cheese that the moon was made out of. Oh to be innocent again. I loved that John Lewis advert last christmas ‘Half a world away’ took me back to my childhod.
- Is there a burning ambition inside you to be something else? I have wanted to be a midwife or peadiatric nurse since my first son was born, but at my age with 5 little nippers it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen in my lifetime and i love being a mammy. It’s hard but so rewarding.
- Is there anything that you love in your ‘old age’ that you detested in your youth? All the soaps, corrie, Eastenders, Fair City. Hated them when i was growing up, now they’re the highlight of my evening!
- Shakespeare, Dickens or Wilde. Which would you chose if any? None, Sorry if that offends anyone but that kind of stuff is not my thing. I’m more of a 50 shades kinda gal. Again…no judgement!
- What drew you to the blogging world? I just wanted somewhere to jot down my thoughts that was just mine. Not the hubbies, not the kids, just mine. My little piece of the World Wide Web.
So there you have it my answers for both nominations, hope this gives you all a little more of an insight of me.
I would like to give the Liebster to
Liebster Award Winner Rules:
1 – Thank the person/blog who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2 – Display the award on your blog. This can be done by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a widget (note: the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog/post).
3 – Answer the 10 questions about yourself that your nominating blogger chooses for you.
4 – Create a list of questions for your nominated bloggers to answer.
5 – List these rules in your post (feel free to cut & paste!)
6 – Inform the blogs that you nominated that they have been awarded the award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
Here is my list of questions for the blogs i nominated above
- What Inspired you to start your blog?
- What Blogging Goal are you currently striving for?
- If you could live in any country in the world where would it be and why?
- What was the last dream you remember having@
- Cat or dog person?
- What are your three favorite blogs to follow?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- If you had to choose between love or money for the rest of your life which would you choose?
- If you had one wish what would you wish for?
- If you had a day off from being a mammy/daddy what would you do?